And He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Life Lately....

Life lately around here has been slow paced....we are "all" recovering from a nasty case of the flu. We were fighting fevers, trying to sooth body aches, and consoling endless bouts of coughing. I can finally say that today feels more normal than it has for a week. 

But before I go on complaining, I do have to say that God was merciful to us and we are very thankful to be feeling better. One of the hardest things for me as a mama is seeing my kids sick, feeling a bit helpless through lots of these moments.....and this time it was all 5 at once, so by the end of the night I felt overwhelmed, feeling so weary that all I could do was offer up prayers for my husband and all of our sick kiddos.  

I have been reading Elisabeth Elliot's "Keep A Quiet Heart" and in one of the entries, she talked about mercy, (God's perfect timing as always), anyway I was comforted by her words and spent a good bit of my time praying for God to have mercy on us through this bout of illness. God is merciful to a degree that I can not comprehend......and I am pressing into His Word reading about His endless mercy to His people. 

Even in the midst of being sick, I did enjoy the jammie days and extra snuggle time I was able to have with my family. Part of being a mama is trying to find blessings amidst the daily challenges we all face each day. 

The following photos are just a random slew of what I have captured as of lately. Normally I like my blog photos to be more cohesive....but that is not the way life has been lately, so you get a glimpse of this and that. 




Noah is not a huge fan of math, so he is trying to convince Adam to help him out. And yes....Noah prefers to do math shirtless, it apparently helps him think better.


Nate is really into Frog and Toad these days. One of my favorite things is listening to my kids read.


Sleeping baby with growing chubby cheeks....he has a 10,000 per day cheek kissing quota that gets met every single day...and then some. He is so very lovable.


I turned the big 35 on Sunday.....and let me just tell you that I was feeling every single one of those years. I would show you a photo, but I was looking rather rough around the edges if you know what I mean. I like to keep it real on my blog....but not that real. 


Luke's kissing lips....virtually irresistible to this mama. 


Nate is always building something. His block of choice is legos, but he changes it up now and again.


Sweetness


Adam just found out that he tastes delicious.....I have know this all along.


Snuggled up on the couch, trying to ignore me taking photos of him.


We all were rocking some awesome hair...what do you expect. We haven't left the house in over a week.  Haircuts are on the horizon for the boys....you're welcome mom.


I love watching Luke as the big brother.....most of the time anyway. Not the times when he drives his monster truck on Adam's face though.



Peaceful Noah.....but not for long.



There is always the scent of wrestling in the air in our home....even during the sick days.




Lauren and Luke love their rocking chairs they got from their Mi Mi and Pap Pap a while ago. 


Nate's the only kid in our family who has freckles.....and he is quite proud of them I should say.

Hoping to be posting more soon as we get back into the swing of things around here. Hope you and your family are staying healthy!





No comments:

Post a Comment