And He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Friday, January 15, 2016

Finally....


Like most kids, ours are snow lovers. We love it here in the Midwest, but we sure do miss those New England winters. Well, all of us minus Jared, who did all of the snow blowing and shoveling.

They were all so excited to finally have enough snow to go outside and play in it. 

One of my favorite things to do in the winter is to sit in our family room next to the fire. And it just hasn't been cold enough until recently.

We have some helpers to carry the wood to the side porch. 



The kids like to help their Daddy light a fire before he leaves for work, and Noah does a good job of keeping it going all day. 


And of course there is the fun to be had outside by these guys.  I have to laugh at the pitiful hill that is our front yard. They still manage to sled ride down it and have a blast. 


Many of them would stay out for hours, just like I used to when I was a kid. Now I prefer watching them through a kid smeared window.


  I loved hearing them laughing and having a good time.  

And every so often our doorbell would ring and I would have to put a mitten back on, or fix someone's boot, and more than one time wipe off a snow covered face from a sweet sibling who planted a snow ball on it.

It rained last night and now all of the snow is gone. It was fun while it lasted though.  There was some disappointment this morning when they looked out the window. Before long the excitement will be back with the next snow, and they'll be at it again.  

Jared and I often talk about how fast time seems to be moving along, and how we don't want to miss a thing.  Our crew keeps us busy, and we are enjoying life with these special people God has blessed us with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment